My name is Ivy. I’m a film producer.
Long winded self descriptions tend to be skewed and boring, so why don’t I just tell you twelve random facts about me?
- In 2010, I spent half a year traveling North America on $9 a day. Like, including Alaska and Hawaii. Yes, I’ll write a book about it someday, and fuck no, I’m not doing it again.
- I host a cooking show called Delicious In Your Face. I am most famous for writing an ebook about Bacon Cheesecakes. THE SWEET KIND.
- I believe in oversharing and no holds barred honesty.
I think that the worst part about having a bad episode in life is not feeling shitty, but not wanting to feel shitty, and thinking that nobody ever has ever felt as shitty as you and oh my god; and if we all just told each other all the things that are going on a little more often, I’m convinced everybody would feel more connected and the world would be a better place.
- The person I am today was shaped while on travels in Perth, Australia. You are not allowed to say anything bad about Perth. You will get elbowed in the face.
- Two of the best things in life are fancy dinner parties with friends and late night conversations. Oh, and onesie sleepovers with cheesecake.
- When I was 16 years old, I wrote a feature length screenplay called ‘The Absence of Butterflies’ over the span of 8 months. In May 2008, I locked myself into my room with a tub of hazelnut icecream, went on a crazy writing spree, and finished two days before my birthday. JUST SO THAT I COULD SAY I DID IT AT AGE 16.
- I had the most amazing night ever by the Yukon River in Alaska. I saw the Northern Lights, laughed, cried, yelled expletives, and realized that if one night can be this perfect, life as a whole can’t be that bad.
- I love airports. I really fucking love airports. Also I’m terrified of flying. Also I’ve been in 16 airplanes this year.
Courage isn’t not being afraid, it’s doing it anyway. I just do all the things anyway.
- There are two situations in which I cannot be spoken to: In the mornings and when I’m hungry. If anybody reading this has advice, throw it at me. Until then, do not approach me without food and caffeine.
- When I’m shooting a film, I feel like the universe aligns. I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing, living the life I’m supposed to be living. There’s nothing to question. This is why I do what I do.
- I have an irrational fear of sharks. As a child, I didn’t even want to go into swimming pools because of it. And I’ve never even seen Jaws.
- Some of the best advice I ever got was “If it feels good, do it. If it doesn’t feel good, don’t do it.”